I wish you the best…but we’re still friends forever right?!
1. You find out the news that someone got proposed to! You’re so excited!
20th Century Fox Television / Via popcultureperversion.com
2. But within a minute of finding out, you start to wonder if you should start using Tinder or OkCupid to find your true love.
NBC Universal / Via teen.com
3. Or if you’re in a relationship, you wonder if you can start dropping hints to make them propose.
NBC Universal / Via lookmumimalawyer.tumblr.com
4. But now it’s wedding planning time which means every time you want to go to happy hour, your friend wants to work on her Pinterest wedding board.
20th Century Fox Television / Via hollywood.com
There are only so many times you can look at different wedding invitations and flower arrangements.
5. Then comes the discussion of what the tuxes should look like and the color of the bridesmaids dresses.
20th Century Fox Television / Via glee.wikia.com
You start to wonder what life was like before wedding plans.
6. And even after sitting through hours of helping plan their wedding, they still prefer to spend their weekends with their fiancé and not at a bar with you.
Warner Bros. Television / Via wattpad.com
You try not to take it personally, but why would anyone turn down happy hour?
7. Instead, they ask you to spend time with them to help sort out their wedding details.
Home Box Office / Via fanpop.com
You agree because you know this is the only time you’ll see your friend for the next three weeks.
8. But even though the planning process can be a pain, you two still giggle with excitement about the big day.
Screen Gems / Via ayblog.com
9. Finally, everything is planned and all there’s left to do is wait for the big day and enjoy your best friend’s company.
Disney Channel / Via weheartit.com
10. You re-visit old bar hangouts and remember both of your past loves.
20th Century Fox Television / Via degrassi.wikia.com
There’s a lot of “remember when?” questions that you both don’t get tired of asking each other.
11. There’s also days when you’re forced to hang out with all of your friend’s new couple friends.
20th Century Fox Television / Via gradlifethrugifs.tumblr.com
You’ve gone from being a third wheel to a fifth wheel.
12. Then comes the day when you receive the invitation! It’s officially real and the countdown has begun.
Warner Bros. Television / Via 8ast.tumblr.com
You’re excited to see it all come together (and to stop hearing about wedding plans nonstop).
13. You slowly come to the realization that there is now a finite number of days that your best friend is yours only.
The Island Def Jam Music Group / Via little-dreaam.tumblr.com
You remind their fiancée that you knew them first every day, no matter how annoyed they get.
14. They’ll soon be best friends with their significant other and that person will hear their secrets first from now on.
ABC Studios / Via mpirical.blogspot.com
15. The weeks before the wedding you try and hang out with them as much as possible.
NBC Universal / Via xclusivetouch.co.uk
16. And even though you both get a little sick of each other, you keep hanging out.
Rob Thomas Productions / Via sheknows.com
17. The days suddenly fly by and it’s rehearsal dinner night. You eat and smile but you’re also a little wistful about losing your partner in crime.
20th Century Fox Television / Via hellyeahnewgirl.tumblr.com
They were there for everything — will they still be there?!
18. It’s wedding day! You put on your smile, comfort your friend, tell them life is going to be great, and take as many photos as you can.
Warner Bros. Television / Via theberry.com
19. The next couple of days after the wedding feel normal but you definitely have that phantom limb feeling.
Marvel Enterprises / Via goodreads.com
You want to text them your every thought still but know that you need to give the newlyweds some space.
20. But soon your best friend is back from their honeymoon and asking you to come over and watch movies!
Warner Bros. Television / Via fanpop.com
YES, they still want to hang out and watch hours of TV with you! YAY!
21. While some things have changed, giggling over your favorite TV shows never will.
Warner Bros. Television / Via r10t3r.tumblr.com
22. Even though your best friend is now married, you’re still best friends forever!
Universal Pictures / Via perezhilton.tumblr.com
And soon it’ll be their turn to go through all these moments with you!